Sequence for Pentecost: Come, Holy Spirit, Come
Come, Holy Spirit, come!
And from your celestial home shed a ray of light!
Come, Father of the poor!
Come, source of all our store!
Come, within our bosoms shine.
You, of comforters the best;
You, the soul’s most welcome guest;
Sweet refreshment here below;
In our labor, rest most sweet;
Grateful coolness in the heat;
Solace in the midst of woe.
O most blessed Light divine,
Shine within these hearts of yours,
And our inmost being fill!
Where you are not, we have naught,
Nothing good in deed or thought,
Nothing free from taint of ill.
Heal our wounds, our strength renew;
On our dryness pour your dew;
Wash the stain of guilt away:
Bend the stubborn heart and will;
Melt the frozen, warm the chill;
Guide the steps that go astray.
On the faithful, who adore
And confess you evermore
In your sevenfold gift descend;
Give them virtue’s sure reward;
Give them your salvation, Lord;
Give them joys that never end. Amen.
Work Day: Saturday, June 10 from 8:00 AM – Noon
A few times a year we have work days scheduled to ask you to help keep our grounds in shape. This coming Saturday is one of those days. As you can see from the list below there are many tasks we are trying to accomplish. If you can work all or part of the morning, it will be greatly appreciated.
- Installing border bricks in the Meditation Garden
- Installing border bricks around the mailbox
- Weeding the main berms and laying river border
- Trim forsythias at the intersection
- Mulch around the maintenance building
- Spray pruning sealer on maple trees
- Cut back wild brush along West Fence Border
- Power wash Boy Scout Shed
- Power wash concrete drive behind the gym
- Power wash stoop by the north emergency exit
- Pull weeds & grass in parking lot islands